Beetroot Chocolate Cake is something of a speciality of mine, because it only comes out for really special occasions.
Such as my good friend Michel's birthday, this beetroot chocolate cake did the rounds and was a tremendous success.
It is probably the moistest cake you will ever eat, and I am not being overly dramatic here. This Beetroot Chocolate Cake is the top dog!
175g plain flour
1½tsp baking powder
50g cocoa powder
250g beetroot (not the vinegar stuff)
200ml Veg oil
100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
One serving (of 8 slices)
Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
1. Get the food processor, and blitz down the beetroot.
2. When the machine is running, add the eggs one at a time, then add the oil
3. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder to a bowl, and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the wet mix to the dry mix and mix thoroughly.
5. Line a cake tin and fill it up with the mix.
Cook in the oven for 45mins.
6. In the meantime, bring the cream up to the boil.
7. Break the chocolate up into a bowl, and pour over the hot cream. Mix thoroughly.
Pour the ganache over the top of the cake, and allow to set in the fridge for 30mins.