Blueberry Bread, or in this case Focaccia bread, was something we stumbled across when visiting New York.
Blueberry Bread seems to be a thing in the states, we saw it in virtually every deli and Italian store we went into, yet we simply couldn't get enough of it.
It seems like a fairly straightforward recipe, given I have made it a thousand times in the past, so thought I would give it ago.
Blueberry bread is a winner, because the tang offsets the sweetness, and does a great job of filling you up!
450g Strong White Flour
300ml Warm Water
Based on 1 slice (cut into 20)
Pre-heat your oven to as hot as it will go.
1. Add the flour, yeast and salt into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
2. Mix int he oil and water until you make a firm but pliable dough.
Knead the dough either with a machine or your hands, for 10mins minimum.
3. Prove for minimum two hours.
4. Cut the dough in half, and push one half out into the square tin, to cover the whole thing.
Leave to prove again for an hour.
5. Add the blueberries, and using your fingers, push them into the bread.
Don't be afraid of they burst, it's all good.
6. Put the bread in the oven for 20mins to bake.