One of my current predicaments with the new diet I am on, is that I cannot have a lot of carbs, in fact I can have very little, hence my Chicken Enchilada Bowls. There is no bread you see.
But there are a lot of interesting flavours, and whilst I have served mine with some CousCous on the side, you can leave it out if you want to reduce your carb in take further.
This one is deeply spicy, but carries itself without the need for bread.
Add a bit of cheese on there too, just because I can’t have it, my Chicken Enchilada Bowls surely do love it!
1 tin of Tomatoes
2tsp Chili Powder
1tsp Cayenne Powder
2 cloves of Garlic
1/2 Chicken/Vegetable Stock
3 Chicken Breasts, sliced lengthways
1tsp Garlic Powder
1tsp Onion Powder
For the Bowl
1 Garlic Clove, chopped finely
Salad of your choosing
1 Serving (out of 3 total)
To make the Enchilada Sauce
1. Add all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blitz down to a sauce.
2. Put a saucepan onto a hob heated to medium to high. Reduce the sauce by half over 15mins, and then allow to cool.
For the Chicken
1. Place the chicken strips into a bowl,. and cover with 1tbsp of Rapeseed oil.
2. Cover in the rub, and mix thoroughly to ensure it is fully coated.
3. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
For the Finished Meal
1. Put your choice of salad leaves into the bottom of a large bowl.
2. Put a frying pan onto a high heat, and add the onions, fry until they are translucent. Push to the edge of the pan.
3. Add the chicken and brown on all sides, before adding the garlic.
4. Add the peppers, and allow to soften before adding in the enchilada sauce.
5. Cook for 15mins until the enchilada sauce has gone completely thick.
When finished add a portion to the top of the salad in the bowl, and enjoy with some cheese.