Choc chip cookies, eh? Is there any other type of cookie other than choc chip cookies?
A special shout out for this recipes goes to my little lady, who has been requesting choc chip cookies, not the hard kind, but the chewy gooey kind.
These are surprisingly easy to make, with new and interesting techniques that make me want to make more and more biscuit recipes,.
These choc chip cookies are some of the best I have made, and they go wonderfully with a cup of tea, so get dunking!
60g soft brown sugar
160g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
150g self-raising flour
120g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g milk chocolate, chopped
Preheat your oven to 160C.
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and then add it to a mixing bowl.
2. Add in all of the sugar and combine thoroughly.
3. Add in the egg and combine thoroughly.
4. Add in the flour and combine until it becomes a thick paste.
5. Add in all of the chopped chocolate, and combine with the paste.
6. Wet your hands and get a tablespoon size of the mix, rolling it into a ball.
7. Put on a oven pan, space them out in batches of 6.
8. Cook in the oven for 15mins.
When you take them out they will just be set yet still gooey.
Leave them to cool completely on a wire rack and then have one or three with a cup of tea. Hard to beat choc chip cookies as s dunker!