When I was a child, I went every morning to get a bag of my favourite sweets, chocolate raisins. This is were the idea came from for my Chocolate Raisin Scones.
It’s because we were at Morelli’s in Portstewart the other week, and I had a huge Rhubarb and Custard Ice Cream, and it reminded me of the school daze, and all of the flavours it brought along with it.
So here is my homage to my favourite sweets, in scone form!
300g Self Raising Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
1tsp Baking Powder
175ml 0%Fat Yogurt
Serves 1 (out of 8)
Pre-heat your oven to 200C/400F.
1. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar into a bowl, with the butter.
2. Mix the butter into the dry mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Add in the raisins and yogurt and mix together until it forms a dough, which should be really soft.
4. Pat it out to about an inch thick on a floured surface, and cut out 8 scones.
5. Bake in the oven for 20mins.
Try adding some stem ginger juice in as well, works brilliantly with the raisins and chocolate.