This is part two of my creamy mushroom gnocchi recipe. Click here to get the gnocchi recipe!
So there is one thing that can be said about my house, and that is we like to eat steak at least once a month, and gnocchi at least 20 times a month. But it needs a sauce, and this mushroom sauce, has been perfected over time.
The wife actually created a fat free version, and this is the version I am giving to you now, coming in in total at 331 calories, which is super skinny.
Full of mushroom flavour, with the added depth of the onion and garlic, the flavour here is the bacon.
It has to be smoked though!
2 Rashers of bacon
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 Pint of Chicken Stock
2tbsp 0% Fat Yogurt
for one serving (out of two)
1. Put a frying pan onto a medium heat, and add some oil for the cooking.
2. Add in the bacon, fry off for about 5mins.
3. Then add in the onions and the garlic, and fry them for a further 5mins.
4. Add in the mushrooms, cover if you can and allow them to cook down for a few minutes.
5. Add in the chicken stock. Turn the heat up to full and bring it to the boil. Allow it to simmer and reduce for 15mins.
6. Add the yogurt and mix through, and then throw in that gnocchi we made earlier!