This is the beginning of a two part series on making the perfect Creamy Mushroom Gnocchi. You can get the recipe for the mushroom sauce by clicking here.
Gnocchi then. I love the stuff. I love how easy it is to make. I love how easy it is too cook. I love Gnocchi!
Being an Irish man, of course i love my potatoes, but lets be honest, I also love Italian food.
So here I have the best of both worlds. Make them crispy, drown them in sauce, it's your choice!
My simple Potato Gnocchi Recipe is the best of the best!
200g Mashed Potato
150g '00' Flour
1. Add the mashed potato, flour and egg into a large mixing bowl, and combine thoroughly.
2. Break it up into two balls, and on a floured surface, roll out with your hands to a large, but thin, sausage shape.
3. Using a knife, cut out little gnocchi pieces. Cover in flour and put onto a plate for the meantime.
4. Bring a pot of water to the bowl, and turn it down so it is lightly boiling.
5. Add in the gnocchi, and then wait until they float to the top of the water.
At this stage you can fry them in butter and sage, or in my case, add a beautiful mushroom sauce.