This dried tomato cows nous came out of two things, my recent dried tomato sauce recipe, and the fact I have been using Cous Cous a lot recently in my diet.
A naturally low in carbohydrate grain as it is, it is also a great change from the usual rice, which I must confess, doesn’t really do it for me.
The only thing about Cous Cous is that its bland, but ultimately, it can be a great carrier of flavour.
Paired with the sweet tomatoes, this one is a real winner, and something I think you will love to add in to your daily merls.
20g Cous Cous
Salt & Pepper
Nutrition1 serving (out of 2)
Pre-heat your oven to full whack.
1. Put the tomatoes into a bowl and cover in the oil, oregano and salt. Put them into a oven tray, flesh side up.
2. Bake for 10mins, and then reduce the oven to 150C, cooking for a further hour and 15mins.
Allow to cool.
3. Place the cops cops and half of the finished tomatoes into a bowl.
4. Cover them with boiling water, until about an inch over the top.
5. Cover with a p[late, and allow it to rehydrate for 15mins.
Season and serve.