Once in a while, I come across a glut of banana’s, usually because I am using them to give me energy during a long day of dieting.
Most of the time, they end up going black, and into the bin if I am honest.
Not today,. In fact, I have a really good banana bread recipe that I think you all will love, and I have to admit I am rather excited about it as well.
285g/10oz Plain Flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
4 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
85ml 0% fat Yogurt
1tsp Vanilla Extract
In 1 serving (out of 24 slices)
Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until fully combined.
2. Add the eggs, yogurt , banana’s and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
3. Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda, and mix through thoroughly, until you form a good cake batter.
4. Pour into a lined loaf tin.
5. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until a skewer comes out clean.