Falafel Wraps, a staple in my food army, are the greatest low calorie meals available, yet they give you so much for your money.
A tin of chickpeas these days costs 35p, which is for nothing, and because they are a great carrier of flavour, the opportunities are endless.
Today I bring you my pesto falafel, which can be made with any type of pesto you like, I’ve gone authentic this time, although i am looking to get my hands on some wild garlic this year.
Bright and punchy, why not mix it with my radish pickle for a tangy surprise!
1 tin of Chickpeas
1 Red Onion, finely chopped
handful of Parsley, finely chopped
1 Egg, beaten
Salt & Pepper to taste
NutritionPer Ball (serves 5 balls)
1. Add the chickpeas, red onion, parsley & pesto into a food processor, then blitz down to a breadcrumb consistency.
2. Decant into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the beaten egg, and mix thoroughly.
4. With wet hands, form the mix into 5 falafel balls.
5. Bake in the oven for 30mins