I am not 100% sure were I saw this Goats Cheese Fritatta recipe, but the wife asked me if I could come up with a low carb version of it, which wasn't actually that problematic to be fair, I just removed the potatoes.
This recipe is one of my favourites, and will be made again, especially as it relates to the combination of goats cheese and spinach, because its a doozy.
I think I would look to add further to this though, with both black pudding and beetroot being wonderful bed fellows.
But that's for another day, and I am excited to hear what you think fo this one!
Ingredients4 Spring Onions, chopped finely
3 Mushrooms, chopped finely
10 plum Tomatoes, chopped in half
2 handfuls of Spinach
5 Eggs, whisked together
100g Goats Cheese
NutritionOne Serving (Serves 4)
Pre-heat your grill to full whack, and set a large frying pan on a medium heat.
1. Add some oil and the spring onions to the pan and fry for 5mins.
2. Add in the mushrooms and fry for a further 5mins.
3. Add the tomatoes and fry for a further 5mins.
4. Add in the spinach and cover, let it wilt for a few minutes. Mix thoroughly when wilted into the mix.
5. Pour in the beaten eggs, and gently caress for 5mins, moving the omelette into the middle from the sides, until it is set on the bottom.
6. Ad cubes of goats cheese to the egg, and place under the grill for 10mins, or as long as it takes to get the top to brown.
Serve with a side salad of your choice.