I mean, who doesn't love a good chicken and vegetable casserole, right? This healthy chicken casserole hits the spot.
Recently I treated you all to my mothers chicken and vegetable soup recipe, and I loved the flavour combinations there, so I thought I would turn it into a healthy chicken casserole, with the aid of the Hairy Bikers!
I was reading their Hairy Dieters book you see, and it gave me the inspiration to create this one pot wonder, which went down very well with some mashed potato.
I think you'll love it too.
5 Chicken Drumsticks
2 sticks of Celery
4 rashers of Bacon
1tbsp Mixed Herbs
1 pint of Chicken Stock
One serving (serves four)
Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 350F.
1. Add the flour & mixed herbs into a bowl. Put in the chicken drumsticks and cover with the flour mix.
2. Put a frying pan on a high heat with some oil, and fry the chicken on all sides to brown, before putting them into a casserole dish.
3. Chop the bacon and fry for 5mins in the frying pan, before sprinkling over the chicken on the casserole dish.
4. Chop up all of the vegetables, and add them to the casserole dish, with the exception of the leeks. Sprinkle over 2tbsp of the flour mix from earlier.
5. Cover with the chicken stock and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
6. Add in the leeks and give it a good stir around. Cook for a further 40 minutes.
(Please note all links in the directions are to Amazon products. I receive a small commission when you buy. Thank you if you did!)