I am happy to say that the original recipe for this was given to me by my sister, and it is one we have been using since, for a number of reasons.
First of all, it is delicious, and second, it is stupidly low in calories.
I, of course, did make some subtle changes to the recipe to elevate the taste, but it did work well, and I am glad to be able to share the recipe with yourselves.
2 sticks of Celery, finely chopped
2 Carrots, finely chopped
1 Onion, finely chopped
230g Mince Steak
2tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
200ml Beef Stock
Handful of flat leaf parsley
1 Rosemary Sprig
5 Potatoes, finely chopped
Pre-heat your oven to 200C.
1. Brown the mince steak in a hot saucepan for 5mins.
When browned, remove from the pan for the moment.
2. Add in the celery, carrot and onion, and fry off for 5mins.
3. Add the mince back in, along with the Worcestershire sauce.
4. add in the stock and allow the mixture to boil down until it is a thick gravy.
Add the chopped herbs in at this stage, and allow to cool in the pan.
5. Put the potatoes into a pan of boiling water, and boil until they are soft.
Drain away the water in a colander.
6. Put the potatoes into a food processor along with salt and pepper, and blitz down into liquid potatoes.
7. Put the meat mix in a oven pie dish.
8. Add the potato onto, and smooth out over the top. Use a fork to make nice line marks that will catch and go crispy.
Cook in the oven for 45mins or until brown on top.