Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry
Slow Cooker Curry has become a bit of a regular on this recipe channel, and why not given they are so easy to make.
This time, due to not being on a diet I am glad to say at the moment, I went for the fattest of them all, in my Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Curry Recipe.
It's is so velvety and soft, yet very mild, which of course can be remedied by the addition of more chili's.
But you really don't need them.
1 Chicken Breast, cut into chunks
2tbsp Chili Powder
2tbsp Garam Masala
3tbsp Tomato Paste
1 tin of Tomatoes
2 Onions, chunked
5 cloves of Garlic
125g Melted Butter
75g finishing Butter
Based of 3 servings
1. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, chilli powder and oil into a liquidiser, and blitz down to a paste.
2. Decant the paste into a mixing bowl, and add the melted butter and the remainder of the spices & herbs.
3. Mix thoroughly before adding the tomato puree and tinned tomatoes.
You are not looking for chunks of tomato here, so blitz them down to a sauce before adding if you need to.
4. Add the chicken into the slow cooker, and then cover with the sauce.
5. Cook on High for 4 hours, and then reduce to Low for the last 4 hours.
6. When cooked, mix thoroughly again, before adding the yogurt and finishing butter.
Mix through until the butter has melted, and serve with rice and some flatbread.